Clinical data suggest that, when it comes to hard and soft tissue response screw retained is superior. Hard tissue response associated with screw retention is better than that associated with cement retention. In a pooled analysis of single-tooth restorations, the use of a cement-retained vs. a screw-retained crown was associated with significantly higher marginal peri-implant bone loss at ≥1-year follow-up (Slagter, 2014) Soft tissue analysis using a modified plaque index and a sulcus bleeding index reveals that peri-implant soft tissues respond more favorably to screw-retained crowns. One possible underlying reason for this result is excess cement, which in this study has been indicated to account for over 80% of peri-implantitis cases (Wilson, 2009).
Wadhwani and Piñeyro surveyed over 400 dentists, finding that many of them place up to 20 times more cement than is required to secure the crown. Such overload means up to 95% of the placed cement is extruded at the restorative margin. This margin is frequently found below the gum, making cement removal on implant-supported restorations virtually impossible.
- Custom, genuine, implant system specific abutment/base.
- Maintains ORIGINAL implant system warranties.
- CEMENT-FREE, ERADICTAE cement in the sulcus & help prevent peri-implantitis.
- Simplified seating by eliminating rotation.
- Simple access and retrievability
- Optimized fit, seal & tolerances.
- Maximized surface for restorative materials.
- Possible increased insurance reimbursement for custom abutment*.
- CAD/CAM, full contour fabrication for optimal strength.
- Gardali' unique method of shade, stain & glaze for life-like esthetics.
- Simplified treatment plan AND reduced chairside time.
Gardali-AUTHENTIC™** ZirONE FCZ SR™: Genuine, custom abutment AND crown with access hole: StraightFEE™: All-inclusive: $XXX**
Ready to try our CEMENT FREE solutions? Call us at 800.773.6764!
** All-Inclusive fee includes: Custom, Genuine, CAD/CAM abutment, soft-tissue model, articulation, seating index, technical fees, access hole and FC crown. *Verify with YOUR specific insurance providers.